No acid/base dumping tonight ....

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 2 17:22:36 PST 2001

SNF Lab Members (and people associates with other labs in CIS-X) ....

The building acid/base neutralization system has failed and we are currently
unable to raise/lower the pH of our waste stream.  Please do not dump any
acids or bases until this situation is rectified!!! If we continue to dump
those materials without proper treatment, we will violate Palo Alto hazardous
waste discharge rules ... which could result in big time problems, fines, and
shutdowns.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause and will keep you
apprised as we bring the system back on-line.

Thank you for your cooperation and support,