Stable version of Coral is back!

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 9 16:45:38 PST 2001

SNF Lab Members:

We have re-installed the old, stable version of Coral ... you should not
experience any further outages (well, at least until we begin experimenting
again ...).

We apologize for the downtime of the past day or so ... the reason for the
failure is still a mystery to us.  Extensive logging has shown us where things
were breaking ... but we have been unable to determine why they are breaking.
Unfortunately, we only observe this breakage when we move to the production
system ... we have been unable to observe the same problems on our development
machines.

In any event ... life should be better for you now.  If anyone has manually
enabled any of the machines for you, you should enable them in your own name
immediately:
If the machine is enabled in reality, but Coral doesn't know it, please enable
it in your name ... this should synchronize the coral database and the
hardware.  If Coral thinks that something is enabled and yet the actual
interlock isn't "ON", disable that piece of equipment on Coral ... that should
also synchronize the database, and then proceed with normal operations.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused,

Thanks for your continued support,

Your Coral Development Team