Remote Coral for Internet Explorer users ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 11 16:16:49 PST 2001

SNF Lab Members:

I believe that some of you who are Internet Explorer users may have been
having trouble getting Java WebStart downloaded ... and keep on getting the
"You need to download Java WebStart" where the "Download Remote Coral" message
should be.

In most cases, I believe that you have likely downloaded Java WebStart
correctly ... but,  there was a typo in the script that detects whether Java
WebStart is installed that affected Internet Explorer but not Netscape.

That has now been corrected ... so, I'm hopeful that you Internet Explorer
users will now be able to happily download and run Remote Coral.
(Of course, if the cache of already visited Web pages on your machine contains
the wrong file, you will need to purge those cached files or reload the Remote
Coral page to get the proper one.)

Thanks for your continued support,

Your Coral Development Team