Neutralizer update

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 17 10:33:02 PST 2001

Lab members,

The ice blockage has been removed in the tranfer lines are being tested
presently. Unless there are further problems, we should be operational
by noon today (1/17).

Why can't we dump water if the amber lights are off? The neutralizer has
a continuous water load. The amber lights are not on because the pH is
within limits. If bottle washing, wafer processing or other cleaning
activities changes the pH to outside the limits, then the system shuts
down even further and I have additional problems. The problem of blocked
NaOH lines is an unusual one and not planned for.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Dick Crane