Remote checking of tylan furnaces ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 24 15:17:52 PST 2001

SNF Lab Members:

I believe that we have been able to revive the old computer that talks to the
tylan furnaces one more time.  As a result, I beleive that you should be able
to use the old crystal wand to check on furnace status and download recipes
once again.

This all runs on an ancient DEC computer on a long-unsupported operating
system ... Compaq would laugh if we called to ask about support or spare parts

In any event, if you see them, you can thank Mike Bell and Charlie Orgish for
their efforts in getting this back on the air.

Happy processing ...

John

p.s. Some of the dates may be a bit "funky" ... the machine lattice thinks
that it is Dec. 26 and, if I am not mistaken, the tylan computer believes that
it is January 6, 1982.