KOH and Gold Question

Mohammed H. Badi mbadi at relgyro.Stanford.EDU
Mon May 21 18:31:40 PDT 2001

Hi all,
   I'm doing an 80C KOH etch of silicon and have been having some trouble.  I
have chrome/gold (100A and 3000A respectively) pads on my wafer that are 90um
x 90 um that REFUSE to stick to the silicon underneath it.  The pads (and
thin gold lines) do, however, stick to silicon nitride on other parts of the
wafer.
   My question for you: is there anything I can do to stop the gold pads from
floating off?  Maybe a different adhesion layer?  A different etch
temperature?
   These gold squares on silicon act as ground pads for my devices.
   Thank you.

moe.

--------
Mohammed H. Badi		"That's just so typically me."
650-906-0663