Any etchant that etches Au and Cr?

Dong-Woon Shin dwshin at stanford.edu
Sun Oct 20 16:19:01 PDT 2002

Dear Labmembers of SNF

I am currently looking for an isotropic etchant that etches Au and Cr
simultaneously without attacking SiO2.  (Can Al-11 aluminum etchant do
that, too?)

If not, I would like to know

(1)  whether or not cyantek CR-14 chromium etchant will attacks Au,
(2)  whether or not transene TFA gold etchant will attack Cr.
(3)  whether CR-14 and TFA will attack SiO2, Co, Fe, Ni.
     - The use of plastic container makes me to suspect this.

Thank you.

Yours truly,

Dongwoon Shin

FYI, CR-14 is acetic acid based etchant, TFA is potassium iodite  based.