Special Seminar - Miniaturized Fuel Cell Systems

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 21 13:58:19 PDT 2002

Greetings Labmembers:

One of our member companies, Lilliputian Systems, has volunteered to
give a seminar on their miniaturized fuel cell technology.  This seminar
will be held this Wednesday, Oct. 23, at 10 am, in the CISX 101
Auditorium.  Please see the abstract (appended below) for details.

Please don't miss this opportunity to see what this group is up to!

(And if anyone else would like to talk about their work, just let me
know and we'll set something up!)

Mary

Miniaturized Fuel Cell Systems
Sam Schaevitz, Lilliputian Systems

LOCATION:  Cypress Auditorium, CIS 101X
TIME: Wednesday, October 23rd at 10:00 AM

Abstract:
Fuel cell systems which are small enough to replace batteries in today's
portable electronics are under development at a number of university
labs and private and public companies. This talk aims to cover the
spectrum of different technologies under development, with particular
attention to the practical advantages and challenges of each approach.
PEM, DMFC,
Alkaline, and SOFC systems will be included, as well as MEMS
implementations where appropriate. Auxiliary challenges, e.g. air pumps,
fuel pumps and power conditioning, will also be explored.

About Lilliputian Systems, Inc.:
Lilliputian Systems is a venture-backed startup which aims to produce a
new power supply for portable electronics which will provide 5-10 times
as much energy as Li-Ion batteries, while fitting into the same volume
as the
existing rechargeables. Our technology is based on efficient
high-temperature MEMS devices developed at MIT, combined with thin-film
Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) technology developed at Lawrence Livermore
National Labs (LLNL). We have recently been awarded a grant from the
Advanced Technologies Program at NIST, and we are looking to expand
our effort with qualified candidates in the areas of MEMS fabrication,
SOFC design and testing, and catalyst and reformer design and testing.
Interested parties should e-mail their resumes to SamS at LSInc.biz

Samuel B. Schaevitz
Lilliputian Systems, Inc.
3-H Gill Street, Suite 200
Woburn, MA 01801