polyimide advice

Sharleen Beckwith beckwith at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 11 10:32:08 PDT 2002

Hi All:

I am thinking about using polyimide to protect the front side of SOI
wafers while doing the following steps on the backside of the wafer:

svgcoat (20um thick using SPR 220-7)
hand develop
long 90C bake in the oven
sts etch (10 hours or so, on the backside of the wafer)

If anyone had done something similar, could you please e-mail me. I
would like to talk to you about the pros and cons of this.

Knowledge is the basis, for without knowing each other it is difficult
to build trust and to reach a state of genuine unity, without which it
is hard to get peace.

His Holiness Tenzin Gyatso,
The Fourteenth Dalai Lama