Carbon Black Deposition

Evan Thrush ethrush at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 12 15:16:32 PDT 2002

Hello Friendly Labmembers,

I am interested in finding good materials for optical isolation, black
polyimides, etc.  Anyway, I have had some problems finding black polyimides
that I like and someone recommended that I use Carbon black.  I guess you
deposit carbon black with some method, such as sputtering, onto a lift off
mask?  Anyway, I don't know much about this process.  Does anyone know of
carbon black deposition techniques that are readily available around the
lab or nearby Stanford.  How do you pattern this stuff?

Thanks for your help!,
Evan

Evan Thrush
Stanford University; E.E. PhD Candidate
CIS-X Rm. B113-21, Stanford, CA 94305-4075
Phone: (650)725-2774 E-mail: ethrush at stanford.edu
Fax: (650)723-4659 Homepage: http://snow.stanford.edu/~ethrush