Etching mask for TMAH

Hyoungsub Kim hsubkim at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 4 00:50:42 PST 2003

Dear lab members.

These days, I'm trying to etch a small piece of Si (dia. 3mm) from the
backside using TMAH at my lab w/o patterning.
I want to make a small hole in the center to make TEM sample, however, it is
hard to find a suitable mask (like wax type) to cover unwanted area.
I tried several waxes but all are easily soluble in TMAH. It should be
easily removed after Si etching.
I would appreciate if anybody can let me know possible material.
Thanks a lot.

Hyoungsub Kim

Ph.D Student
Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford
E-mail : hsubkim at stanford.edu
Phone : (O) 650-725-2616
             (H) 650-497-3516
             (FAX) 650-725-4034
Address : (O) Rm 203 McCullough Bldg, Stanford, CA94305