Etching mask for TMAH

Kim, Han-jun hjkim at exch.hpl.hp.com
Fri Apr 4 11:38:31 PST 2003

Hi, Mr. Kim

I don't know if there's any wax, or polymer, withstanding
the base. In my experience, most of them didn't. Both oxide
and nitride work great, as you may know, except that a
long-time etch leaves some unwanted hillocks behind.
Some metals - like Au - are known to work also. But I don't
have much experience in this domain.

If making a mask hinders you from working on Si-materials,
you may use so called "soft lithography" with transparency
films, a laser printer and an old-fashioned contact printer
which doesn't care too much about the size and dimension of
the substrate.

Thanks!
Hanjun

Han-Jun Kim           Hewlett-Packard Lab.
(650) 857-8525        1501 Page Mill Rd.
(650) 857-8948 FAX    MS 1198
hjkim at hpl.hp.com      Palo Alto, CA 94304