E-mail alert: watch for spam/viruses from legitimate SNF users.

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 10 06:49:17 PST 2003

SNF Lab Members:

Please exercise extreme caution when opening e-mail from legitimate SNF lab
members
and mailing lists.  We seem to have been the victim of some sort of spam/virus
attach
in which bogus messages appear to have been sent by legitimate SNF lab members
and mailing lists.

As of yet, we don't know the cause or whether these are merely nuisance spam
or contain viruses, but please exercise extra caution before opening e-mail
even it you think you know the sender.

We'll keep you posted if/when we learn more ...