[Fwd: Police Contact Information]

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 21 09:47:42 PST 2003

Building and lab people,

Another chapter in how to report suspicious activities to the police
department. Your help in keeping the building closed and locked on
weekends and after hours is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dick Crane

George Sandoval wrote:

> Zone A Building Managers, please distribute the following contact
> information for Police Services to your building occupants. Although
> most campus residents know that they should dial 9-911 for campus
> emergencies, relatively few people know how to contact the Police for
> "non-emergency" service. This is especially true on evenings and
> weekends when building managers, administrative staff, and other
> building support personnel are not available for assistance. Many of
> the following observed activities tend not to be reported immediately
> to the Police:
>
> - Illegal parking
> - Illegal skating activities (reference attached copy of ordinance)
> - public disturbances
> - vandalism
> - malicious mischief
> - theft
> - building security issues
> - suspicious activities
>
> The University sustains costly damages resulting from the above
> activities each year. The University spends a considerable amount of
> money to install physical deterrence measures, where appropriate.
> However, it is not practical, nor financially feasible, to prevent
> these activities through physical deterrence alone. We depend on the
> eyes, ears, and support of the campus community and enforcement by
> Police Services. Immediate reporting is critical to successful
> enforcement and prevention. Please keep the following Police contact
> information near your phone(s) for future reference. Immediately
> report any illegal or suspicious activities to the Police. Thank you
> for your support.
>
> Police Contact Numbers:
>
> Emergency Response: 9-911
>
> Non-Emergency Response (Monday - Friday; 8am-5pm): 3-9636
> Stanford University Department of Public Safety Police Services:
>
> Non-Emergency Response (24 hours/day; 7 days/week): 650-329-2413
> Palo Alto Police Dispatch:
>

> George E. Sandoval         Phone: (650) 725-3670
> Fac. Ops. Zone A Mgr.     Pager: (650) 301-2326
> Stanford University           Fax:     (650) 725-6070
> 340 Bonair Siding
> Stanford, CA 94305-7273

ORDINANCE OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA IN
THE STATE OF
CALIFORNIA RESTRICTING USE OF ROLLER SKATES AND IN-LINE SKATES ON THE
PROPERTY OF
LELAND STANFORD JUNIOR UNIVERSITY
ORDINANCE NS - 1004.134
CHAPTER IV: ROLLER SKATES AND IN-LINE SKATES
Sec. B5-32 Property of the Board of Trustees of Leland Stanford Junior
University Within Santa Clara County
For purposes of this Chapter, "Property of the Board of Trustees of
Leland Stanford Junior University within Santa Clara
County" shall mean:
Beginning at the intersection of El Camino Real (Highway 82) and
Stanford Avenue, then going south to Peter Coutts Road,
then going east to Page Mill Road, then going south to Arastradero Road,
then going west to Alpine Road, then going north
to Sand Hill Road, then going northeast to Arboretum Road, then going
east to Quarry Road, then going north to El Camino
Real (Hwy 82), then going east to the intersection of El Camino Real
(Hwy 82) and Stanford Avenue.
Sec. B5-33: Restricted Areas
On the property of the Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford within
Santa Clara County, it shall be unlawful for any
person to skate, ride or propel roller skates, in-line skates or similar
devices on or within any: (a) building; (b) courtyard; (c)
parking garage (structure); (d) entryway; (e) tennis court; (f)
construction site; (g) stairway, railing, wall, fountain, bench or
any other outdoor structure or furnishing not intended for travel.
Sec. B5-34: Restricted Actions
It shall be unlawful for any person to skate, ride or propel roller
skates, in-line skates or similar devices on the property of the
Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University within Santa
Clara County, in line the following manner:
(a) Perform any tricks, stunts, any form of acrobatic actions or other
actions that are likely to cause injury or damage
property; (b) Travel at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent
having due regard for the pedestrian or vehicle traffic,
width of the sidewalk or roadway, and in no event at a speed which
endangers the safety of persons, animals or property; (c)
Impede or interfere with the flow of vehicular traffic; (d) Fail to
yield to all pedestrians on sidewalks or roadways, including
at or in marked or unmarked crosswalks; (e) Fail to obey all stop signs,
traffic signals, yield signs, and other such traffic
control devices; (f) Suddenly leave a curb or other place of safety and
travel into the path of a vehicle which is so close as to
constitute an immediate hazard; (g) Hitch rides by attaching oneself to
any vehicle or other motive device, or allow a person
to hitch a ride on any vehicle or motive device.
Sec. B5-35: Penalty
No penalty for violation of this Chapter shall exceed One Hundred
Dollars ($100).
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the Board of Supervisors of the County of Santa
Clara, State of California on April 28, 1998.
If no frames are displayed, click this link to return to SSU Home
Page 1 of 1 Stanford Police - Special Services Unit: Ordinance
2/20/2003 http://www.stanford.edu/group/ssu/ordinance.html