Wednesday morning Coral outage for hardware/software upgrades ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 24 11:58:52 PST 2003

SNF Lab Members:

This Wednesday, February 26, we are planning on taking the Coral system down
in order to upgrade the hardware/software/database on which Coral depends.
This downtime is currently scheduled to start at 5 a.m. and we expect to be
back on-line no later than 10 a.m.

We expect to issue an equipment "all on" so that work in the lab will be
minimally disturbed and hope that you will all quickly enable equipment once
normal coral operations are restored.

Finally, while e-mail receipt and delivery will not be affected, those of you
with your primary home directories on snf/sunray may be unable to login/access
that mail during this outage.

We apologize for this scheduled downtime but hope that this will be an
important step in assuring higher Coral availability in the future.  Plus, we
are hopeful that you'll appreciate several of the new features of Coral
associated with this new release.  Stay tuned for more details of some of
those new capabilities ....

Thanks for your continued support,