Reminder: the 31st annual Electronic Materials Symposium

Kai Ma kaima at snowmass.Stanford.EDU
Thu Mar 20 17:35:55 PST 2003

This is a kind reminder. The 31st EMS early registration deadline is March
28th. After that date, the registration fee is higher. The deadline for
undergraduate scholarship is March 21st.

We would like to announce the 31st annual Electronic Materials Symposium.
The EMS is a one-day inter-disciplinary conference that presents a broad
spectrum of expert views on problems at the intersection of electronic
materials and devices.  The conference will be held on Friday April 11,
2003 in Santa Clara. We have a great group of speakers scheduled for this
years' symposium, including talks on spintronics, nanotubes, MEMS, and
polymer electronics.

To register online and for more information about this year's symposium,
please visit www.electronicmaterialssymposium.org.  To register by mail
and for more information about the symposium, please see the attached
invitation.  The deadline for discounted early registration is March 28th.

Before March 28th, the student registration fee is $45.

For undergraduates:
There is an undergraduate award of $250.  The application form is on our
website, and also attached with this email.  (I heard they typically get
very few applicants from Stanford. So there is a big opportunity to win.)