Business plan developlment opportunity.

Scalf, Jennifer Ann Scalf_Jennifer at gsb.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 17 23:52:59 PST 2003

Hi Labmembers,

I am a second year MBA student at Stanford.  I am looking for on or two
students in the engineering school to form a team to work on a microdevices
(MEMS/nanotech) business plan with me.  More specifically, I'm looking for
people who think that their research has commercial viability and would like
to further explore/flesh out the market research and business model for the
idea.

I would like to do this within the context of one of the courses offered
through the Stanford Graduate School of Business.  This course, "S356:
Evaluating Entrepreneurial Opportunities," is basically a course where you
write a business plan for a new idea.  More detailed information can be
found at http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/ces/teaching/356_objectives.html
<http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/ces/teaching/356_objectives.html> .

The final team needs to be 4-5 students total -- I'm still looking for the
right 2-3 business school students to round out the team.  Teams can enroll
in the course only through a special application process.  A one-page
team/idea description is due on December 1, 2003.  The course will take
place in the Winter and Spring quarters.

For an idea of my background, I was involved in MEMS prior to business
school -- I worked at JPL (Microdevices Laboratory) and at two MEMS-based
start-ups.  I also previously have been a user at SNF.

Any interested parties should send me an e-mail ASAP since the deadline for
application to this class is fast approaching.  My email address is
<mailto:scalf_jennifer at gsb.stanford.edu> scalf_jennifer at gsb.stanford.edu.

Thanks very much,
Jennifer