diff and litho shutdown

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 7 15:01:59 PDT 2004

Labmembers,

There will be a major shutdown of the diffusion and litho areas on
Saturday, April 17, from 0600 through 1800, for facilities and outside
contractors to replace or repair vent fans and shutters.

Diffusion and associated area: All toxic and flammable (except H2) gases
will be turned off during a repair to the toxic gas bunker fan in
CISX115. This action affects the following tools: Tylanbpsg,
Tylannitride, Tylanpoly, Tylansige, Tystar1, ASM epi reactor, STS dep,
and AG4108. This repair was attempted during the holiday shutdown, but
an incorrectly sized custom part delayed the work.

Litho: The solvent vent fan for litho is being repaired. All solvent
vented tools must be shutdown. This action affects: Headway2, Laurel,
svgcoat, svgcoat2, svgdev, svgdev2, bluem, litho solvent bench, and yes.
This repair addresses a recently discovered, pending failure.

I have reserved the affected tools in my name. I will send out and post
an announcement when the work is complete and these areas are ready for
use.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Dick