diff and litho areas shutdown

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:06:07 PDT 2004

Labmembers, a kind reminder,

There will be a major shutdown of the diffusion and litho areas on
Saturday, April 17, from 0600 through 1800, for facilities and
outside contractors to replace or repair vent fans and shutters.

Diffusion and associated area: All toxic and flammable (except H2) gases
will be turned off during a repair to the toxic gas bunker fan in
CISX115. This action affects the following tools: Tylanbpsg,
Tylannitride, Tylanpoly, Tylansige, Tystar1, ASM epi reactor, STS dep,
and
AG4108. This repair was attempted during the holiday shutdown, but an
incorrectly sized custom part delayed the work.

Litho: The solvent vent fan for litho is being repaired. All solvent
vented tools must be shutdown. This action affects: Headway2, Laurel,
svgcoat, svgcoat2, svgdev, svgdev2, bluem, litho solvent bench, and yes.
This repair addresses a recently discovered, pending failure.

I have reserved the affected tools in my name. I will send out and post
an announcement when the work is complete and these areas are
ready for use.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Dick