ME342 students in the fab

Mohammed H. Badi mail at mbadi.com
Thu Apr 22 03:07:29 PDT 2004

Hey all,

By now you've no doubt seen the signs or the hordes of M342 students to
which they allude in the fab.  The course is an introductory MEMS class of
which an important component is learning how to use certain tools in SNF.
By the end of this week every student in the class will have been trained
on the wet benches and a number of litho tools.  As a result, we (the
ME342 teaching staff) will be letting them loose in the fab over the next
two weeks to do some processing on their own.

The purpose of this email is to inform (warn?) you of this fact and to
make a request.  They will no doubt make some of the rookie mistakes we
all did when we first started processing on our own (drink HF; pick up
wafers with our gloves in front of Jim McVittie; flirt with Nancy Latta).
When you see this, please (keeping in mind that they are new to this) take
the time to show them the correct way to do things (sulfuric acid tastes
better; wait until McVittie turns around; don't flirt with her -- she'll
take your heart and your money and leave you flat).  In fact, we've even
instructed them to ask fellow SNF users if they have questions.

Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.

Mohammed Badi

-----
Mohammed H. Badi
+1.650.906.0663