Annealing of Gold Films

LCascao at genencor.com LCascao at genencor.com
Mon Apr 26 14:21:48 PDT 2004

Hello All,

I'm interested in annealing gold thin-films (100 nm - 300 nm) either
sputtered or evaporated onto silicon wafers or borofloat glass to form
(111) terraces for self-assembly of lipids.  Does anyone have an annealing
recipe that works?  Also, should I avoid using an adhesion layer between
the gold and the silicon substrate?

Thanks

Luis Cascao

This message (including any attachments) may contain information
which is confidential or privileged. Use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and