Dry etching of small features

Morgan Douglas Mager mmager at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 3 09:19:50 PDT 2004

I was wondering if anyone has experience etching small features in thin
layers and could share with me what tools/recipes seemed to work? I will
be definine 100nm wide features with ebeam lithography, then metallizing,
then dry etching. The active layer is 20nm thick Si (I'm interested in
both amorphous and poly) and the stop layer is oxide. Selectivity isn't
much of an issue, as I'll be stripping the oxide anyway, but I do care
about undercutting of the Si feature layer. Any thoughts or advice? Thanks.

-Morgan