hepa air handler test 8/12

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 5 14:25:10 PDT 2004

SNF fab users,

We will conducting air particle measurements of the fab hepa filtered
air at a reduced air flow rate on Thursday evening, August 12, from 2200

to 0600 Friday morning. During this time the air flow through the
ceiling hepa filters will be reduced from 70 linear feet per minute
(lft/m) to 40 lft/m. A technician will be in the fab measuring particle
counts at various locations within the fab. Given the low level of
people activity during these hours, I suspect that we will see little
change in particle counts from what we see during the day while at 70
lft/m.

The purpose of the test is to collect data to evaluate to allow a
decision to be made concerning reducing the air flow during the hours of

2200 to 0600 nightly. This flow reduction has been successfully done in
the past, but was stopped for a motor control reason several years ago.
Given our $2,500 to $3,000 daily electrical cost, we wish to reestablish

this program as an energy reduction measure.

Please contact me if there are questions.

Thanks,

Dick Crane

Operations Manager