Plastic/Glass Micro-Channel Chip Companies/Vendors/Foundries

Ignacio A. Zuleta izuleta at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 12 12:43:24 PDT 2004

Dear Kevin and other users,

The guys at http://www.collimatedholes.com/ do glass capillary arrays here
in the Bay Area. I hope this helps.

Ignacio A. Zuleta

-----Original Message-----
From: Ke Wang [mailto:curlwang at stanford.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 8:38 AM
To: Kevin Dean Ness
Cc: labmembers at snf.stanford.edu; david_oksenberg at hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Plastic/Glass Micro-Channel Chip Companies/Vendors/Foundries

Hi Kevin,

One vendor I know is BURLE INDUSTRIES, INC, though I've never tried. They
routinely make glass capillary arrays with regular closely-spaced pores as
small as 2 um in diameter.  These arrays can be designed with variable
spacing and pore diameters.
www.burle.com

Hope this helps.

Ke

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Kevin Dean Ness wrote:

> Hello,
> I could use some help identifying possible vendors or commercial
> foundries to fabricate micro-channel plastic and/or glass chips.
>
> Any names of companies you can recommend would be very helpful.
>
> For those interested in more details about my specific requirements
> please read below.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help...
>
> Kevin Ness
>

> MORE DETAILS:
> I will send them the mask layout for fluidic port locations (~500 um
> diameter) and the micro-channel top view layout (micro-channel details
> -- rectangular geometry ~50 um deep x ~500 um wide).
>
> I would like them to fab fluid ports in top layer, fab u-channels in
> the bottom layer and fuse/bond the two layers together.
>
> If possible I would like electrodes fabricated in the fluid wells (for
> E-field) and the ability (NOT NECESSARY) to perform metalization
> (before
> bonding) at the bonded interface for temperature sensing and actuation.

Ke Wang
PHD Candidate
Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University

CISX B113-14
Stanford, CA 94305-4070

Phone: (650)723-8040