hepa air handler test 8/19

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 16 08:20:23 PDT 2004

SNF fab users,

We will conducting air particle measurements of the fab hepa filtered
air at a reduced air flow rate on Thursday evening, August 19, from 2200
to 0600 Friday morning (rescheduled from last Thursday's test date).
During this time the air flow through the ceiling hepa filters will be
reduced from 70 linear feet per minute (lft/m) to 40 lft/m. A technician
will be in the fab measuring particle counts at various locations within
the fab. Given the low level of people activity during these hours, I
suspect that we will see little change in particle counts from what we
see during the day while at 70 lft/m.

The purpose of the test is to collect data to evaluate to allow a
decision to be made concerning reducing the air flow during the hours of
2200 to 0600 nightly. This flow reduction has been successfully done in
the past, but was stopped for a motor control reason several years ago.
Given our $2,500 to $3,000 daily electrical cost, we wish to reestablish
this program as an energy reduction measure.

Please contact me if there are questions.

Thanks,

Dick Crane

Operations Manager