Missing Reservations resolved ... I think

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Jul 10 14:23:48 PDT 2004

SNF Lab Members:

I believe that we have identified and corrected the problem that was causing certain reservations to "disappear".
It appears that if you had two adjacent reservations and deleted one of them, that the other one that was adjacent to it would also be deleted ... although it wouldn't actually disappear from your display at the same time as the one that you originally deleted.

In any event, I believe that we have identified and corrected the cause of that problem.

I'd like to thank Gigi for providing enough evidence of the problem to get us to increase the logging and to know what to be searching for.  After the logging was on, I'd like to thank Linda W for the detailed record of which reservations she had made or deleted and which reservations disappeared.  This allowed us to quickly identify and resolve the problem.

I'm hopeful that this will be the end of reports of "disappearing" reservations and apologize for any inconvenience it may have created.

Thank you for your continued support,