PMMA Etch Selectivity Poll

Jim McVittie mcvittie at
Tue Jul 20 14:19:50 PDT 2004

PMMA users,

I get a lot of questions about the selectivity of PMMA to various plasma
processes. In the past, I have always focused on photo-resist process so
I have no first hand experience with PMMA. I think I can optimize some
of the plasma processes but I first need to know what users are actually
seeing in the lab. If you have time, I would appreciate it if you could
give me a summary of your PMMA etch results.  I will post the results so
you can all share them. I am interested in the following info.

Etch Rate:

    Thanks,  Jim