Etching pieces / smaller wafers in AMT?

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 23 12:02:00 PDT 2004

Vignesh,

You have to get my ok to use pieces on the AMT. Presently, we do not allow
pieces in that tool. We are using pieces in some other tools but only after
experiments show we have a specific technique the tool. Oxide etching is the
most difficult plasma process to do pieces in since it runs at the highest
power density. We have done piece tests in the AMT in the past without finding
a good reliable technique. In the clean etchers,   we do not allow the use of
Kapton tape to hold pieces on to carrier wafers because concerns about metal
impurities. Maybe we can setup a time and talk about your need.

    Jim