SNF/Nanocharacterization Lab Open House

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 23 10:32:17 PST 2004

Announcing:  The First SNF/Nanocharacterization Lab Open House
Time/Date:  9 am – 5 pm, Tues-Wed, April 20-21, 2004
Location:  CIS and GLAM buildings
More info:  http://snf.stanford.edu/Labmembers/OpenHouse.html

This year, SNF joins 12 other University facilities in the NSF-sponsored
National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network (the NNIN). This not only
ensures us stable infrastructure support, but also adds new capabilities
to be made available to our labmembers through the expanded network.
(For more information about the NNIN, check out the links on the SNF
home page.) The expansion at Stanford features the new
Nanocharacterization Laboratory in GLAM and K-12 Educational Outreach
programs. This Open House is in celebration of the NNIN; it's also an
opportunity to learn about these new capabilities and a chance to check
out what your fellow labmembers are up to.

This is a community event, so participation at ALL levels are welcome.
Some of the activities planned:

1.  Poster session -- We welcome posters from all labmembers. If you've
got a poster from a previous conference or meeting, by all means, share
it with your fellow labmembers. Free SNF T-shirts to poster presenters.

2.  Technical Presentations – (20 min to 50 min each)
- Research seminars: Labmembers and PI’s are invited to present.  Here’s
a chance to share what you’ve done (or what you’re doing), and maybe
even get some feedback from your fellow labmembers.
- Tutorials: Staff from SNF and the Nanocharacterization Laboratory will
be offering tutorials on processes, methods, and other useful tips and
tricks ranging from the basic to advanced levels.  Labmembers wishing to
share expertise on any lab-related topic are welcome to present a
tutorial.
- Product presentations: We have invited several of our trusted vendors
to give technical presentations. If you would like to see a specific
topic or product, send your suggestions.

3.  Mini-Trade Show -- There will be opportunities for labmembers to
meet vendors in the mini-trade show. If you are an equipment, materials,
or service provider interested in sponsoring a table for a nominal fee,
let us know.  Labmembers:  if you’d like to suggest a vendor, let us
know – we hope that everyone will use this as a chance for labmembers to
learn about commercial resources and for vendors to learn what our
researchers want to see.

So mark your calendars!  Tell your friends!  The first
SNF/Nanocharacterization Lab Open House is coming soon!

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu