Nanospec Failure

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 4 11:23:18 PDT 2004

Labmembers,

It appears the terminal configurations for both Nanospecs next to the
WBGENERAL have been corrupted.  It is unfortunate we have lost the
measurement capabilities of this equipment do to unauthorized meddling in
the computer set-up.  In the future, if the systems are not functioning
properly please put them down on Coral and inform the staff.

We are attempting to get both systems operational.  Unfortunately, the
recommended recovery procedures from Nanometrics have not worked.
There is a high likelihood a visit from Nanometrics will be required to get
the systems functional.

Regards,
Ed Myers