NanoSpecs Service Complete

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 29 11:21:45 PDT 2004

After a days delay, Nanometrics has completed servicing of our
NanoSpecs.  Field service was able to get 2 of the 3 systems tuned up and
running.  All the systems were optically aligned and calibrated.  We should
have repeatable measurements as long as we don't abuse the systems.

I also had field service install and align the UV source on the NanoSpec in
the Litho area.  UV is used for measuring thin films <100 Angstroms.  If
you have a need for this option please let me know, since we will not be
leaving the light source on.

We could not repair the third system due to failure of the terminal.  We
can purchase a refurbished terminal for a third party.  However Nanometrics
imbeds their own firmware, which most likely is no longer
available.  Collectively we should decide if the time, dollars and labor to
get the system functional will be valued added for the facility.

Regards,
Ed Myers