SNF Annual Reports

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 7 08:04:48 PDT 2004

Greetings labmembers!

It’s that time of the year again, when we ask (beg, plead, browbeat) you
for annual reports...  Your reports are very important to us:  they help
us to show NSF the kinds of activities that our tax dollars are
supporting.  And perhaps even more importantly, they provide a really
nice snapshot of what you and your fellow SNF labmates are up to...

As for the reports:

1. Reports are due October 1, 2004.  Email them as attachments to
access at snf.stanford.edu.

2. Format is a single powerpoint slide, with a few bullets describing
your work in general terms, and a graphic or two.  The graphic may be an
SEM, a photo, or even just a conceptual sketch.  More than one slide may
be used, if desired.  If there are any publications resulting from your
work, please reference them.

3. Unless you wish to do so yourself, we will reformat your material to
fit a standard layout.  If you would like the template, let us know and
we’ll send it to you.  And let us know if you wish to see how the slide
looks before it is shown to NSF.

4. No proprietary or unreleased information should be included in this
slide.  Please note that the slide will be presented to our NSF
governing committees, and may be used (with permission) in promotional
materials for SNF, including possible posting on our website.  If you
wish the information to be embargoed (i.e., info is about to be
published or presented at a conference), please let us know when it may
be released.

5. This report is required from all labmembers active in the lab over
the past academic year.  Two or more people on the same project can
submit a single report.  Labmembers who have joined in the last three
months are not required to submit a report, although are absolutely
welcome to do so.

6. If you have material (meeting abstracts, publications, websites)
which describe your work and are willing to allow us to interpret and
extract the pertinent information, you can provide this material in
electronic format instead of a slide.  Please indicate which aspects of
your work required the use of SNF or Nanocharacterization Lab resources.

7. We have fifty nifty gifts awaiting the first 10 labmembers to submit
reports and drawing winners for later entries.

Thanks for your attention and we look forward to your contributions
(really and truly, we do  -- despite the administrative overhead, this
is something we staff members do enjoy doing – it’s really gratifying to
see the breadth, quality, and sheer ingenuity of the work that is done
here!)

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact
access at snf.stanford.edu.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu