CAD Room PC's

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 6 12:54:54 PDT 2005

Hi everyone --

Just wanted to let you know that we'll be upgrading the PC's in the CAD
room.  They won't be state-of-the-art, but they will be better than the
ones there now.  We'll make every effort to keep the drives with data,
or at least, back them up.  But it would probably be a very good idea if
everyone took the time to backup their personal files themselves as
well...  just in case...  (I've been known to fry a drive in my time...)

By the way, the PC's will be updated with the just-released LEdit 11.2.
We've also acquired the MEMS license for one of our LEdit keys (allowing
import/export to DXF and some non-Manhattan geometry functions.)  We've
also acquired (with many thanks to Dan Grupp) the Coventor MEMulator
which has 3-D visualization functions.  These will be installed on one
of the upgraded PC's.

Thanks for your attention --

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu