Wet Benches/Develop Tracks Down

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 11 10:48:40 PDT 2005

Hi everyone --

We're sorry to report that the acid wet benches and developer
tracks/benches remain down for the time being.  There was a power glitch
last night which caused the Acid Waste Neutralization system to dump all
its base into the holding tank.  So, the AWN is out of commision right
now until the service contractor can come in to drain the tank and
refill the base.  They are due in at any moment now (supposedly, some
time this morning), but in the meantime, all stations which use the AWN
will remain unavailable for use.  We'll send a note out when the AWN
system is repaired.  The cause of the glitch and ensuing effects are
under investigation now.

(By the way, many thanks to Eric P, who shutdown the acid and developer
stations last night, thereby helping to prevent an overflow situation.)

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu