Etching Silicon with Nitride on it

Vidya V vidyagv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 22:46:14 PDT 2005

Hi ,
   I am trying to etch Silicon which is deposited on silicon nitride
using HF:HNO3:DI water (Isotropic etch). I would like to protect my
nitride layer beneath my silicon while etching.(I have deposited my
silicon using laser ablation). I had used gold-chrome layer to protect
my nitride, but the problem is that my silicon doesnt stick properly
on gold. Can anyone suggest an etch stop for silicon nitirde while
using the isotropic etchant?
                                        regards,
Vidya