Etching Silicon with Nitride on it

jim kruger jimkruger at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 06:27:22 PDT 2005

I have had good experience recently using only Cr on
nitride2 to stop HF-Nitric-Acetic.  200 A Cr seemed to
work OK with both H:N:A 5-2-3  (very fast for Si) and
5-2-13 (much slower).  I recommend verification before
committing critcal parts.

KOH would probaby etch the laser deposited Si
anisotropically, perhaps with better selectivity to
nitride2.  You did not specify which nitride you wish
to protect.

jimkruger