New CAD PC & MEMulator CAD program

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 12 08:02:53 PDT 2005

Hi everyone --

I'm happy to announce that there is a new PC now in service in the CAD
room.  Thanks to the generous contributions of several labmember groups
(and coordinated by Dan Grupp), we now have a nice, up-to-date PC for
your CAD work.  And, thanks to Dan's efforts again, we were able to
acquire a nicely discounted, one-year license for MEMulator, the
Coventor product that allows you to model and visualize in 3-D what
you've designed in 2-D.  The cross-sections are process-based and to
scale.  These ought to great for illustrating process flows (for more
information, check out the webpage at:
http://www.coventor.com/memulator/index.html).  The new CAD PC also
includes the latest LEdit 11.1 with the added ability to import/export
DXF files and a few other nifty tools.

Please do let us know how and whether you like the MEMulator tool.  Your
feedback will let us know whether we should renew the license for next year.

By the way, most design files were transferred from the old PC to the
new.  And I hope you all keep backup copies of your design files!  In
case you didn't, all the design files that were on the User drive, the
labmembers Documents folders, and the desktop were transferred over.
Some large files that didn't seem design-related were not transferred
over (for example, your party photos, David.)  The old PC will be left
in the CAD room until the end of the month, in case there are files you
still need to retrieve that didn't get transferred over.

Any questions or comments about CAD PC's, let me know --

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu