Automatic External Defibrillators installed in CIS ....

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 26 16:42:14 PDT 2005

SNF Lab Members and CIS Building Occupants:

We wanted to inform everyone that we have installed two Automatic
External Defibrillators (AEDs)
in the CIS Building.  One of them is located on the first floor of CIS-X
close to the glass-stairway that leads to the basement.  The other one
is located near the CIS receiving area.  There is a sign above each one.

The first group of staff members has been recently trained in CPR, First
Aid, and use of the AEDs.  Those folks who have been recently certfied
include:  Paul Rissman, Ed Myers, Dick Crane, Elmer Enriquez, Maurice
Stevens, Jim Haydon, Mike Dickey, Ted Berg, Nancy Latta, Janine
Hannibal, Maureen Baran, Mahnaz Mansourpour, Jasmine Hasi, Jane Edwards,
Mario Vilanova, and John Shott.  If you are already certified in CPR and
the use of AEDs, please let us know so that we may maintain a current
list near each unit.

Although I don't have any details, I suspect that the School of
Engineering will be coordinating additional classes for CPR, First Aid,
and AED usage for others who may be interested in this important training.

Of course, any emergency requiring use of the AEDs should also be
accompanied by a call to 911 (9-911 from a campus phone) the get the
paramedics and their advanced skills and equipment on site as soon as
possible.

Thank you for your continued support,

John Shott