safety glasses

Paul Rissman rissman at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 3 07:58:17 PDT 2005

Hi All,

It has come to my attention that lab users have been observed without
safety glasses, and worse still, working around wet benches.  I can't say
strongly enough how careless and foolish it is to work around chemicals
without proper eye protection.  One's sight is a great gift which we should
never take for granted or unnecessarily risk.  In fact, I would encourage
any labmember whose glasses do not have side shields, to get them equipped
with that additional protection.

Please remember to always wear glasses in the lab.  If you observe someone
without eye protection, encourage them to go back to the gowning room and
get a pair.

Thanks for your help.

Paul