fyi, nitride film quality problem, esp. for KOH etch

Alissa M. Fitzgerald amf at amfitzgerald.com
Sun May 22 13:24:32 PDT 2005

Hello Labmembers,

I thought you should know that we have observed pinholing problems with
LPCVD nitride deposited in the past two weeks.  We have been using nitride
as a mask for long KOH etch, and the film quality was bad enough to create
serious problems with our pattern.  We also recently verified the film
quality problem by KOH etching blank nitrided wafers that had experienced a
minimum of handling.  We were using the nitride2 recipe.

If you have recently done successful long KOH etches (10+ hours), I would be
interested to know which nitride recipe/thickness you used and what date you
did your nitride on.

Regards,
Alissa