Al/Cu

aflannery at invensense.com aflannery at invensense.com
Wed Oct 12 18:31:39 PDT 2005

All,

I have a couple of die which have a blanket layer of Al/Si/Cu (97/2/1 - I
think). As many of you probably already know, the Aluminum Etch stocked by
SNF does not etch Cu doped Al. I need to protect some parts of the die (bond
pad area) with resist, so anything more aggressive that would etch it (like
HCl or HF) would also attack  the resist.

Does anyone have a small quantity (50 -100 ml) of the Al etchant formulate
for Al/Cu they'd be willing to share? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Tony

Anthony F. Flannery Jr.
Invensense, Inc.