Labmember Survey Results

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 28 16:07:26 PDT 2005

Greetings labmembers!

Many thanks to those of you who participated in our labmember survey.
And many apologies for delaying in posting the responses (we'd hoped to
post them on the new/improved website, but it's taken longer than
anticipated to get this all together.)

There are a number of interesting observations about the results of this
survey. For example, there appears to be (not surprisingly) two main
subcommunities: the "MEMS" group and an "Electronics" group -- this is
especially apparent in the ranking/preferences of equipment priorities.
Also very interesting: it seems that about 30% of respondents have been
labmembers for 12 months or less, and nearly 80% of labmembers don't
cap. Overall, most aspects of the lab were rated "Good" to "Excellent"
(a significant improvement over the last time the survey was
administered about two years ago.)

To view the survey results, follow this link:
http://snf.stanford.edu/Labmembers/Survey.html

Your comments would be much appreciated. I will post them on the
website, if you email them to me.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu