Card key access problems ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 2 06:09:32 PDT 2005

CIS Building Residents and SNF Lab Members:

As a number of you are likely painfully aware, we appear to be
experiencing some sort of failure that doesn't unlock the exit doors to
this building when presented with a valid access card. As a result, a
number of you tried, but failed, to gain access to the exit doors last
night.   Looking back through database records, this seems to have begun
on 9/1/2005 at 00:00:00 ... unfortunately, I was not aware of this
problem until this morning but have filed an urgent problem report with
the university office that maitains and supports this system.  Hopefully
they will get this resolved quickly.

While we don't have direct control over this system, e-mail sent to
either labmembers at snf or maybe cis-building at cis may alert someone who
can contact the cardkey people at the earliest possible time to resolve
this sort of problem.

We apologize for this inconvenience.  In general, the cardkey access
system has been quite reliable and we will be working with the people
responsible for the system to understand what has failed in an attempt
to insure that we don't have this problem in the future.

shott at stanford.edu