Free stuff!

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 15 16:04:08 PDT 2005

Sorry labmembers,

Maybe I fibbed...  (like, would you read this email otherwise?)  But I
am not lying when I say that "we NEED your feedback!"  and may very well
continue to pester you until we do...

In all seriousness, please help us by sharing your views with us. We ask
(beg!) you to take some time to fill out two survey forms. The SNF
Survey Form <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=22761269462> is
designed to get your input on what you think about our lab and how we
can make it better. Your feedback will be helpful in determining where
our priorities are, for now and the future. Your inputs will be
summarized and posted, sometime in early October. Who knows -- maybe
some action items will come from this (imagine:  your vote matters!)
The Ethics and Nanotechnology Survey
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?mss:1976:200509:kpljmdjefadpgjepenpp>
is key to an effort to build the NNIN program in this new area -- think
about it: will your research lead to the next technical revolution? Will
it have the legacy of penicillin or asbestos? Will it improve national
security or will destroy privacy? Or, closer to home, what do you think
and what do you do when you see someone cheating in the lab? These
questions and more in the SEI survey
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?mss:1976:200509:kpljmdjefadpgjepenpp>.

As for free stuff -- yes, actually there is free stuff.  If you fill out
these surveys, you are eligible for either:  1.  an authentic, Stanford
red, retractable SNF ball point pen; 2.  a nifty clip-on SNF calculator
(in Stanford red, of course.)  So please, do a favor for the labmember
community and fill out these surveys (and then drop to pick up your
freebie.)

Thanks,

Mary

*