Free stuff still available! (Or surveys, surveys, surveys!)

Mary Tang mtang at
Wed Sep 21 10:31:12 PDT 2005

Hello labmembers!

We've still got lots of lovely, Stanford cardinal red pens!  We've still
got lots of nifty, Stanford-red, official SNF clip-on calculators!  (OK,
they're cheesy -- but also really handy to have, especially in the lab
-- if only so you don't have to go rummaging in your labmate's bin.)
All you have to do is to fill out a couple of surveys.  Not only will
you have earned a couple of handy items, but you will have done your
share to help SNF and the NNIN.

The SNF Labmember survey can be found at (needs your Coral login to verify):

The NNIN Ethics survey can be found at(requires a password, which is:  nnin2005)

We've gotten a lot of good and interesting feedback on the SNF survey so
far (and I'm sure there's lots of good stuff on the Ethics survey as
well).   For example, running neck-and-neck for the leading tool on the
"replace or improve equipment" list are the Wafersaw (#1 by a hair) and
the Ebeam (?)  And so far, on the "new capability" list is:  improved
multifilm stack metrology (!)  (Do you agree?  Well, let us know!)  And
we're also getting a lot of really insightful (and soul-searching)
comments about our lab today, our main challenges, and problems for the

So please, if you haven't done so already, let us know what you think!
(And once you do, come by and pick up your free stuff!)

mtang at