PMMA for gluing wafers

Jonathan Edgar Roth jonroth at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 12 22:28:02 PST 2006

Hi,
Do any labmembers have experience using PMMA to glue together two wafers?  I
was told this is possible, and I'd like to hear if anyone has a recipe.

I would like to be able to specify the thickness of the bond.  My first
guess would be to assume that the bond thickness would be the same as the
thickness of the film spun onto a single wafer, though if it's necessary to
clamp the wafers for good adhesion this might not be true.

I'm also not sure if I should heat the wafers to cure the bond or allow it
to dry at room temperature.

I'd appreciate your advice.
Thanks,
Jon