Safety Violation at wbgeneral

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 15 15:53:02 PST 2006

Labmembers --

My apologies for the general broadcast, but the feeling is that the
perpetrator just simply cannot be a qualified user at wbgeneral, given
the violations (and therefore might not be on the wbgeneral email list.)

 From the evidence this morning, it would appear that someone used
wbgeneral without enabling it and leaving what appears to be ammonium
fluoride/BOE crystals in the main sink as well as in spots on the
bench.  There also appear to be bits of broken glass wafer and tiny
flecks of metal everywhere (there are even metal flakes on the N2 gun!)
Clearly, no one trained by Uli would have done this (though, as she has
pointed out, I covered wbgeneral training in her absence, so can't
attest for my trainees.)

And if anyone has observed someone using wbgeneral between about 5 pm
yesterday and 9 am this morning, please be a good community member and
share what you know with your favorite/most-trusted SNF staff member.

Thanks for your attention --

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu