Fire Extinguisher Training Available

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 24 15:32:02 PST 2006

Greetings labmembers --

In our continuing efforts to improve safety, we'd like to invite
interested labmembers to join us in a class on how to use a fire
extinguisher.  Everyone who's done this says it's loads of fun -- not to
mention that it's an awfully handy skill to have when you need it.

But seriously, we often forget that SNF is chock-full of hazards, and
despite all the engineering controls and safety training in the world,
accidents may still happen...  For a sobering example of what can result
from (what was thought to start out as) a small fire in a microfab lab,
take a look at this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnbullas/58459134/in/set-1264633/

The class is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, March 8, at 10 am.
The session will take one hour.  (The class may be postponed if the
weather conditions dictate.)  We have a few spaces left in this
session.  If you are interested, please let me know.  And if there's
enough interest, we'll schedule another class in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your attention!

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu