New Year's Housekeeping and Hygiene

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 4 10:37:41 PST 2006

Happy new year and welcome back!

Just a couple of concerns of note, as you return to the lab...

First, if you left any wafers, cassettes, or other personal items in the
lab outside of your personal bins, they were removed and placed in the
CAD room (CIS 151).  These items have been placed in large boxes labeled
with the areas in which they were found.  If you would like to retrieve
your items from these boxes, please do go ahead and do so, but handle
the items in these boxes with care (they belong to your fellow
labmembers and I'm sure you'd appreciate their careful handling of your
belongings) and return them to their original boxes, so that their
owners have a chance of finding them.  Please note that items that
remain unclaimed in the next six months may be recycled or discarded.

Second, there have been complaints from some labmembers -- and even our
laundry service (??!?) -- about how particularly soiled and smelly some
of our bunnysuits are.  Please note that the laundry service cannot use
conventional detergents for washing -- instead, they use
cleanroom-compatible surfactant.  Therefore, the laundry cannot remove
built-up grime from clothing as well as your own washer can.  So please,
please, please -- do the laundry sorters and our fellow labmembers a
favor and change your bunnysuit every now and then.  Hopefully, with our
new hanger tagging system, we should be able to cycle bunnysuits through
faster, so that there should always be sufficient suits on hand, even in
the event of a lab evacuation.  Remember, cleaned suits are delivered
every Tuesday, so you might schedule your bunnysuit change accordingly.

Thanks for your attenion, and please do let us know your comments and
concerns...

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu