SU-8 recipe

Eric ebasham32 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 12 14:48:22 PST 2006

Attached.  I do this all the time.  Let me know if you have questions.  This
mixes very quickly.

BTW: I have observed that skipping the 95 degree prebake step and doubling
the time of the 65 step on a hotplate gives better and more reliable
resolution results.  Likely due to the high solvent content.  These films
take a REALLY long time to fully cure.

Microchem recommends a single bake step at 105 C for pre and post bake for
thin SU8.

Example from Mark Shaw:

Eric,

In order to dilute the SU-8 2015 you would need to dilute the product with
SU-8 2000 Thinner according to the following calculations:

Starting solids content of SU-8 2015 = 64%
Starting solids content of SU-8 2002 = 29%

Volume of SU-8 2015 = 100ml (for example)

(64/29) * 100ml = Diluted volume = 220ml

Therefore, 220ml - 100ml = amount of SU-8 2000 Thinner required = 120ml

Check = 64/220ml = 29%

I hope this helps,