SU-8 recipe

Eric ebasham32 at
Thu Jan 12 14:48:22 PST 2006

Attached.  I do this all the time.  Let me know if you have questions.  This
mixes very quickly.

BTW: I have observed that skipping the 95 degree prebake step and doubling
the time of the 65 step on a hotplate gives better and more reliable
resolution results.  Likely due to the high solvent content.  These films
take a REALLY long time to fully cure.

Microchem recommends a single bake step at 105 C for pre and post bake for
thin SU8.

Example from Mark Shaw:

In order to dilute the SU-8 2015 you would need to dilute the product with
SU-8 2000 Thinner according to the following calculations:
Starting solids content of SU-8 2015 = 64%
Starting solids content of SU-8 2002 = 29%
Volume of SU-8 2015 = 100ml (for example)
(64/29) * 100ml = Diluted volume = 220ml
Therefore, 220ml - 100ml = amount of SU-8 2000 Thinner required = 120ml
Check = 64/220ml = 29%
I hope this helps,

-----Original Message-----
From: Kazuhiko Yamanaka [mailto:yamanaka at]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:18 AM
To: labmembers at
Subject: SU-8 recipe

I am trying to coat SU-8 on SOI wafer to make protect layer.
The thickness of SU-8 is from 1um to 5um.
Does anyone have the recipe of SU-8?

Thanks for your help,

Kazuhiko Yamanaka
Harris Group, Solid State & Photonics Lab,
Center for Integrated Systems,
Stanford University
CIS-X Rm 126X,
Stanford, CA 94305-4075